Sarmad is Ward 3 residence, Husband, Father, Community organizer, Local business owner, Electrical Engineer, and Executive Master of Business Administration degree student at (Athabasca University) last phase. Sarmad loves Edmonton and cares deeply about our city. This election is about the future of our city. We need to keep our neighborhood moving forward.
My business involvement
- Managed several projects in the oil & gas sector across Alberta & Saskatchewan.
- Managed several infrastructure projects in many countries around the world.
- Experience in global trade market.
- Military experience, Sarmad was a contractor for the USA Armed forces.
- Volunteered for the Edmonton Police Services (EPS).
- Volunteered for the Edmonton Catholic Social Services.
- Recognized and nominated in 2014 & 2016 for the Alberta Volunteer Star Award.
- Received the 2016 RISE Awards from Edmonton Mennonite center.
- Volunteered on program called PYEP (police youth engagement program) This is an initiative supported by Edmonton Police Service, Edmonton Police Foundation, City of Edmonton, and REACH Edmonton.
- Volunteered for EMCN in a youth project working with three ethno cultural communities to support newcomer youth.
- Volunteered for seniors programs providing opportunities and support to seniors to further their overall well-being and quality of life.
- Volunteered at Edmonton Heritage Festival for the years 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2016.
- Lead a demonstration of a big group of community members advocating for the government to take action against ISIS and radicalization in 2015.
- Volunteered in the Canadian Federal and Alberta Provincial elections (2015) promoting community at large to understand the importance of going to vote and how to engage in the process.
- Volunteered for Red Cross international mission.
- One of the founders of CMC (Clareview Multicultural Center Society) Developing organizational culture, policies, and culturally sensitive practices.
- Lead many programs and events working on building relationships between the community and mainstream services such as the City of Edmonton, Government of Alberta, and the Canadian Federal Government.
- Volunteered for Alberta capital region housing and Alberta Works as a community connector, helping families with low income to join workshops, programs, and events.
- Launched a blood donation campaign for Canadian blood services.
- Organized and led a Drug Awareness Program in Edmonton for youth.
- Founder of the Iraqi Canadian Association (ICA).
- Organized many big community events, which brought together members of the community to network and have a fun get together. It was a way of bringing families out of isolation and providing a platform for socializing, engaging with one another, and expanding circles of friendship.
- Volunteered as a team manager participated in the Edmonton Heritage cup and Edmonton Mini World soccer tournaments.
- Help newcomers to settle by finding housing, schools, and work to better integration into their community and Canadian society.
- Volunteered for many Canadian trade shows and business exhibits, promoting Canadian products and services internationally.